Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thumbs down to Kanye

I'm all for Kanye West's music, but he has now proven that he's an idiot. Damn shame.

In breaking news already making its way swiftly through the blogosphere, Mr. West has declared, in time for the publication of his new 52 page book Thank You and You're Welcome:
“I am a proud non-reader of books. I like to get information from doing stuff like actually talking to people and living real life.”

Beyond lame, sir. I wish I had the power to prevent young people who, like me, enjoy your music from buying your pathetic book, which is full of useless platitudes he calls "Kanye-isms," such as "Get used to being used" and "Be leery of the free gift bag!"

The article also mentions,
West’s derision of books comes despite the fact that his late mother, Donda
West, was a university English professor before she retired to manage his music
career. She died in 2007 of complications following cosmetic surgery.

On his blog, he pulls a lot of interesting designs from all over - furniture, videos - and shares them, which is great. Too bad he's broadcasting this new message celebrating stupidity, eh?

No comments: