Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Worth the wait??

No, this won't be worth my 2 month hiatus. Hey, I had two manuscripts to edit and multiple books coming out by my fine authors. Give an editor a break!

Nice piece that was linked at Shelf Awareness, from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette by Bob Hoover. He's writing about the book business being alive, and it not just being all bad news, all the time. After sitting in on a meeting of sales reps pitching books to local bookseller Joseph-Beth, he realizes:
They proved -- to me, at least -- that the future of books and reading was never in doubt. Literacy programs abound, both here and nationally. Despite fears of a digital takeover of our minds, finding information and entertainment on the Internet requires the ability to read.
Hurrah!

I guess his optimism was so powerful, it got me posting again.

More soon, I hope.

No comments: