Thursday, August 17, 2006

I'm going to start blogging about all the media I've been collecting on the future of books - on paper or electronically. As a book editor and an avid reader, I'm fully invested in this debate and fascinated by the tone of it, the points raised, the personal declarations and the mix of politics from both sides. This is a debate - finally - that is not between conservatives and liberals, democrats and republicans, but rather amongst people who love to read, and trying to create extreme sides and launch attacks is futile. So where are we, what's in our future, and how quickly must we get there? Let's discuss.

I'm really hoping to post thoughts and disseminate information, but also find out from other people what is going on with publishing. I'd like to interact and gather information and debate this issue that, to me, is of the utmost relevance.

No comments: